Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tassle topper

Okay, as well as thatched roofs here is something that has topped its tunnel with a tassel.

I don't know what insect has laid eggs inside this bamboo stake, but the plug sure is festive!

(Use links on top of sidebar to view additional garden posts.)


  1. How nice of it to decorate your garden with some whimsy. LOL! It is interesting. Maybe it was a good idea at the time for a nest.

  2. HHG - I'm pretty sure a sort of bee or wasp has laid egg(s) in the tube and stoppered it up. The bamboo tube is less than 1/2" wide or so. I'll keep watch and see what hatches out. I'll keep ya posted.

  3. I will be watching for this one!

    Never seen anything like that before. I did have house wrens that were determined to locate in the end of a rolled up bamboo shade. They finally gave up.


Thank you for visiting. I appreciate your notes, comments and questions and will try to reply to each one! :-)