Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post-election Pre-apocalypse

Well, that went south really fast.

I went to bed in the land of inclusiveness, unity, freedom and hope.

This morning (no sleep) I found myself shaken to my core.  And terrified.

We have film and recordings of every vile threat he's made in the past 2 years. (Until he deletes it all.)

And yet, election results that show at almost half of the populace are spouting the same line.  Who knew?

It's no wonder the market futures plunged last night and that the Canadian Immigration site crashed under heavy load as the results rolled in.

I have no hope for the future of the United States of America under his administration.  

Like the Union, my beautiful 100+ yr-old ash trees fell in 1 day
eaten from the inside out by stinking parasitic beatles
The Republic lasted for 240 years and through so much.

But to be brought to down by a vile con man and his cronies?

This morning I'm without hope for my future and fear for my safety in a country marching into fascism and the 'good old days' of Jim Crow, "Whites Only", sabre-rattling isolationism.  He made it clear what kind of people were NOT in his supremist vision of America.  I'm sure an older, educated, free-thinking woman like myself didn't make the cut. 

I have an upcoming birthday.  Forget celebrating with gardening or tree planting.  Forget planning for the next decade or two.  At this time I see no future for trying to improve my lot or investing in a comfortable later years.

I need to feel protected, but assume the new government will not protect me, especially since Trump now has nuclear codes to "bomb them to hell".  

Nukes aside, this president promises to curtail the free press, right to assembly, freedom of speech, interfere with the courts and judges, disparage freedom of religion and many other democratic functions that we have taken for granted. 

We have traditionally handed over power to this president peacefully.  But he has, for the past 2 years, promised  that his use of this power will NOT be traditional, not for the benefit or our citizens, but for his own twisted vision of a dark and divisive land - a land of his own design.

I feel vulnerable and threatened, not only from the government, but his supporters that may feel that certain behaviors, exhibited by Trump, would be sanctioned, while tearing down decades of progress in Civil Right, Women's Rights, Reproductive Rights, Marriage Rights, LGBT gains, and just basic human decency between each other. 

I have only an aged mother for family.  I must protect us.  I feel abandoned - an outsider in a new, unknown country. I feel deeply for people I know of or know personally that they, too, did not make Trump's cut.

There is no one to reassure me or calm me or tell me it's going to be okay.  I cry. For the first time in my life, I fear FOR my life.  And for others.

Bottom line, I might have to buy a gun.  First guy tries to grope me, I will shoot off his f^cking nuts. 
 
What a difference a day makes.

==========


How's YOUR first day in the new world?